- To provide personalised services unique to individual users.
- To help us to monitor and improve the services we offer
- To sell advertising space on the site. This helps us to keep the site free of charge.
- To market services to individuals users.
- We do our utmost to protect user privacy through the appropriate use of the security technology. This means:
- we ensure that we have appropriate physical and technological security measures to protect your information
- we ensure that when we outsource any processes that the service provider has appropriate security measures
- We will respect your privacy. You should only receive marketing emails from PE and/or from third parties screened which you have agreed to. It will be made clear to you where you have these choices, for example, by providing tick boxes for you to decide whether you wish to receive marketing. We may, however, email you occasionally with information or queries about your registration, your subscription account or postings, for example, with reminders, warnings or copyright requests.
- We will only collect and use individual user details where we have legitimate business reasons and are legally entitled to do so.
- We will be transparent in our dealings with you as to what information about you we will collect and how we will use your information.
- We will only use personal data for the purpose(s) for which they were originally collected and we will ensure personal data are securely disposed of.
- Our site is accessible via the Internet. This means that, where you choose to post your data on the site, this could be accessed from anywhere around the world.
How we use your information
What information do we collect?
We collect information on our users through registration and use of the website, through cookies, where you choose to disclose data in postings, and when entering sales promotions and competitions ("sales promotions").
The minimum information we need to register a user is an email address, a password. We will ask further questions for different services, including sales promotions. Unless stated, all registration questions are compulsory. We may also ask some further, voluntary questions during registration for certain services so we can gain a clearer understanding of our users. This also enables us to improve services for our users.
Updating your personal information
We offer a My Account page, where you can update your personal information at any time, and change your preferences. You can get to this page from most pages on the site - simply click on the My Account link at the top of the screen when you are signed in.
Who we share data with
We will not share your personal information with others for marketing purposes unless you have given us your permission. With your permission we will only share your information with carefully chosen third parties.
Please note that we reserve the right to access and disclose personal data to comply with applicable laws and lawful government requests, to operate our systems properly and to protect both ourselves and our users.
- For statistical purposes to track how many individual unique users we have and how often they visit our website. We collect data listing which of our pages are most frequently visited and by which types of users and from which countries.
About our advertising
www.peruthisweek.com and www.livingininperu.com contain contextual affiliate links from which we may earn revenue. Our articles are never influenced by advertisers or affiliates, nor are they written for the purpose of promoting a product, except when clearly branded as a 'sponsored feature' or 'advertisement feature' or 'sponsor's content.'
Legal information and how to contact us
For legal and other purposes www.peruthisweek.com, www.livinginperu.com and services provided through the website by PE is Peru Experience SAC, Calle Juan Elespuru #240 San Isidro, Lima, Peru.
If you would like to obtain a copy of the personal data we hold on you, or have any queries regarding PE's use of personal data please contact us at the above address, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.