Sponsored by Living in Peru Real Estate
Seven earthquakes hit Lima, Peru in 5 days
By Manuel Vigo
November 5, 2012
A light earthquake shook Lima early on Monday morning, the latest in a series of mild earthquakes that have shaken the capital over the past few days.
According to Peru’s Geophysical Institute (IGP) the quake measured 3.9 degrees on the Richter scale, and occurred at 3:08 am.
The earthquake’s epicenter, the IGP said, was located 58 kilometers southeast of the capital, 50 kilometers underground.
According to local radio RPP, Lima has experienced 7 earthquakes in the past 5 days.
- Peru’s Humala to travel to Colombia and Ecuador
- Peruvian business tycoon Mario Brescia dies
- Peru: Earthquakes shake Lima and Pasco
- Canadian Prime Minister Steven Harper to visit Peru
- Peru: Puno - Arequipa road closed over snowfall
Leave a comment. It will be sent to a moderator for approval. We do not publish profanity or offensive remarks. We only publish comments in English.