Sponsored by Living in Peru Real Estate
Peru: abnormal wave activity leads to flooding in Chorrillos
By Manuel Vigo
August 3, 2012
Irregular wave activity on Lima’s coast has caused flooding in parts of Chorrillos.
According to RPP, several homes in the Las Brisas, Chorrillos were affected by strong waves.
Local residents said water reached 100 meters from the shore.
Daniel Valle, director of the municipal authority of the Pantanos de Villa warned that such abnormal wave activity was becoming more frequent in the area.
Valle added that the municipality was working on helping local residents to remove excess water from the streets, RPP reported.
- Peru: 5.7M earthquake shakes Apurimac
- Peru unveils new design for 1 Sol coin, honoring Kotosh
- Peru police find cocaine hidden in shipment of Gaston Acurio cookbooks
- Ten Peruvian families among Oklahoma tornado victims
- Peruvian resolves 271-year-old math puzzle
Leave a comment. It will be sent to a moderator for approval. We do not publish profanity or offensive remarks. We only publish comments in English.