Sponsored by Living in Peru Real Estate
Peru: grenades found in the Costa Verde
(Photo: El Comercio/Reference)
By Manuel Vigo
August 3, 2012
Grenades and tear gas canisters were found in the Costa Verde on Friday morning.
According to El Comercio, a public maintenance worker found two grenades and two tear gas canisters in Chorrillos, during cleaning work at the Costa Verde. Police authorities arrived on the scene shortly after, and cordoned off the area.
Members of UDEX, the country’s bomb disposal unit, were able to safely collect the grenades, El Comercio said.
- Lima: Metropolitano bus destroyed by fire
- Average Peruvian chief executives make 230 soles per hour, study finds
- Peru pushes birdwatching tourism with Birding Rally Challenge
- Peru soccer team makes history at Copa Libertadores
- Peru: $530 million in contraband goods enter country each year
Leave a comment. It will be sent to a moderator for approval. We do not publish profanity or offensive remarks. We only publish comments in English.