Sponsored by Living in Peru Real Estate
Peru beats Nigeria 1-0, with goal from Guerrero
Peru's national soccer team (Photo: Andina)
By Manuel Vigo
May 24, 2012
Roberto Palacios (Photo: El Comercio)
Peru’s national soccer team beat Nigeria 1-0 during a friendly match on Wednesday night.
Paolo Guerrero scored Peru’s only goal 36 minutes into the first half of the match, his 18th goal while playing for the national team.
The match - which was played at the Estadio Nacional in Lima - also served to mark the parting of Roberto ‘El Chorri’ Palacios, who retired from professional soccer earlier this year.
Palacios played the first 10 minutes of the first half, and left wearing his iconic ‘Te Amo Peru’ t-shirt, drawing cheers from the crowd.
Peru is slated to play against Colombia in Lima, during the fifth round of the 2014 FIFA World Cup qualifying matches, on Sunday June 3.
A week later Peru will play against Uruguay in Montevideo.
- Southern Peru shaken by three earthquakes
- Dead dolphins and sea lions found in northern Peru beaches
- Alan Garcia criticizes Peru's junk food bill: ‘It won’t stop people from eating fats’
- Colombian coffeehouse chain Juan Valdez Café has big plans for Peru
- Gamarra Fashion entrepreneurs look to do business in New York
Leave a comment. It will be sent to a moderator for approval. We do not publish profanity or offensive remarks. We only publish comments in English.