Sponsored by Living in Peru Real Estate
Light earthquake strikes near Lima, Peru
By Manuel Vigo
May 23, 2012
A light earthquake stuck Lima on Wednesday night.
According to Peru’s Geophysical Institute (IGP), the earthquake measured 4.3 degrees on the Richter scale, and occurred at 6:01 pm.
The quake’s epicenter was 31 kilometers southwest of Huacho, and had a dept of 73 kilometers.
The IGP said the tremor had an intensity of II - III on the Modified Mercalli scale.
According to El Comercio, there were no reports of injuries or damages, directly after the earthquake.
- Peru’s Toledo says controversial house purchase was funded by loan
- Peru’s Macho Train to restart service
- Peru: Arequipa airport closed over bomb threat
- Peru’s Kuczynski: ‘There are clear signs the economy is slowing’
- Peru’s Humala speaks of regional integration at Pacific Alliance summit
Leave a comment. It will be sent to a moderator for approval. We do not publish profanity or offensive remarks. We only publish comments in English.